ESBC Bible Readin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2

+3
Cecily
sammy227
Johnny Bighead
7 posters

Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2

Post  Johnny Bighead Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:31 pm

Okay folks, here is the day we have all been waiting for...Day 1.

We are going to be reading Romans 1 and 2 (its an Epistle). Please go through and read and if you have anything to say or any questions or anything please post and we can work it out. Look forward to seeing what you guys think. I suggest you read it out of your personal bible but there are a lot of online Bibles also. I suggest biblegateway.com.

here is the passage in NIV: Romans 1 (NIV) and Romans 2 (NIV)

you can change the translation if you want to pretty much anything out there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

https://esbcbible.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty Re: Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2

Post  Johnny Bighead Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 pm

If you read, just post a I Read it post so we can keep each other accountable.
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty I Read

Post  sammy227 Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:52 pm

I liked these two chapters a lot. It reminds me how I should act and how important a relationship with God is.s

sammy227

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty I read as well

Post  Johnny Bighead Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:38 am

these are some cool chapters for sure. It is especially encouraging to us because it is written to Gentiles and what are we? Also, the whole last section of Romans 2 is good becuase it really talks about relying on your actions and what you do rather than your upbringing and social status. I think it really sums up the new testament pretty well.
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty I Read

Post  Cecily Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:07 pm

it was very nice, very nice.
i like romans
Cecily
Cecily

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty I READ! :D yayyy!

Post  Haley21 Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 pm

I reallly liked Romans! I felt a big sense of accomplishment after reading it! hahhahhah! But i'm proud of everyone else who read it too! Very Happy
My favorite verse: "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." (1:16)

Haley21

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty Re: Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2

Post  Johnny Bighead Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:37 pm

very nice, that verse pretty much sums up what we read, great job everybody!!
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty Rome = America. basically.

Post  Noah Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:25 pm

okay I think that Romans one should be listened to very carefully.
It said that god took vengance on mankind and at this time that was mostly Rome. I think its important to notice that when Rome turned its back on god, God took vengance. I think the same thing could happen and is happening in America.
I'm just saying that things are changing fast in America and we don't have the same ideals we had twentyfive years ago. I think we won't be the america we have been in a few years simply because this society is becoming more and more numb to sin.

Noah

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty I'm not little anymore!

Post  Connor Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Man, I'm behind, but I'm gonna throw in my ideas!

Romans 1 and 2 were the chapters that got rid of the "little people" idea for me.
Romans 1:7 says "To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be Saints
grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"

The part I bolded seems to me to be one of the most prominent things said within the chapter. The blessing isn't given to specific people, but ALL who wish to be saints, or in our case, followers in God in the world of today. It truly gets rid of the little people idea for me, it's a direct command to go out and preach and that you will be blessed more-or-less.

Romans 2 is of course, also very prominent, the whole thing. It's gives an idea of the hypocrites that are in our world today, and of the punishments that God stated would happen. Plus it also says in Romans 2:6 God "will give to each person according to what he has done." which to me gives just another idea of what will happen in the future, behave accordingly and you will be exalted. It's a bright idea.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Bighead Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:46 pm

well said connor, and you get the prize for first photo avatar thing

and Noah, thats some pretty good insight.. elephant
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day 1- Jan 20, 2008 - Romans 1 and 2 Empty AGRGHHHH i am so behind haha

Post  lucy Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Hey kids rock and roll! Great job on posting, now keep reading and get some more people involved. My thoughts are:
Romans 1
Since the New Test hadnt been passed out in written form, this was the first piece of literature the people of Rome received about Jesus. Paul wrote it to them, even though he hadn't ever met them...We think of the book coming later in the New Test, but imagine how encouraging it was for the people of Rome, the new believers, to receive such an inspiring letter from someone they had never even met.

Paul is just (to quote Noah) the bomb.com. He used to kill Christians, then became one and then became an amazing missionary who wrote many books in the NT. In verses 11-12, Paul talks about how he longs to visit them in person so that he can teach them, and they teach him. He prays for God to open up a way for him to visit, and then its cool to think about how God answered that prayer by getting him there safely later on...but he didnt arrive the way he thought he would...In Acts, Paul arrives to Rome as a prisioner...after being arrested, beaten up and bit by a snake. This is the perfect example of how God does answer prayers, but maybe in ways you don't expect. And Paul never lost his faith.

Have you ever wondered how a loving God can send people to hell? Paul answers this question in 1: 18-20...God's qualities are within everyone, its whether they choose to see it or not.

Romans 2

2:24-if you claim to be a child of God, your life has to reflect what God is like. When you disobey God, you dishonor his name...what do people think about God from watching your life? affraid
lucy
lucy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down