ESBC Bible Readin Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6

3 posters

Go down

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6 Empty Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6

Post  Johnny Bighead Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 am

ooo isaiah is always fun, excited?
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

https://esbcbible.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6 Empty 6 chapters??? you're crazy =)

Post  Johnny Bighead Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:56 pm

chapter 1- Isaiah was a prophet whose job was to speak for God and confront sin. Because he told people things they didn't want to hear, he wasn't always well liked. The people were guilty of sinning greatly and being "religious" without a relationship. They were offering the sacrifices and offerings to God with their hands but were denying Him in their hearts. "Stop bringing meaningless offerings...They have become a burden to me. I am weary of bearing them."

chapter 2- "stop trusting in man who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?" why do we trust our hearts and lives to men who will die at some point, instead of trusting in God who is completely reliable

chapter 3- "they parade their sin...they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves"...sin always appears glamorous and sometimes we are proud of our sin and society accepts and encourages it. But the sin that we chose will eventually destroy us.

chapter 5- talks about how God's nation was going to bear fruit which would help God carry out His good work. They did bear fruit but it was the wrong kind. Matthew 7:20 says "by their fruit you will recognize them." is your own fruit good or bad, useful to God or not?

** have you ever heard someone say, "its my life, its up to me to decide what is right and what is wrong to do. Drinking doesnt hurt anyone else, its my decision, etc..If the word of God isn't our standard for all of our decisions, our ability to choose "right" will get fuzzy.

chapter 6- after listening to the angels, Isaiah realized how unclean he was...he then confessed, was touched with hot coal on his lips, was cleansed and then was able to serve God. Whenever we want to be used by God, we have to undergo a cleansing process, which can hurt but is necessary before we can be of use to God.
adios friends
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6 Empty whoops that was lucy above

Post  Johnny Bighead Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:57 pm

i forgot to log out of tommys account my bad haha
Johnny Bighead
Johnny Bighead
Admin

Back to top Go down

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6 Empty Re: Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6

Post  josev Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm

hahahaha! i agree. i'm bout to pass out over here from all this Bible study!

josev

Back to top Go down

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6 Empty I Read

Post  sammy227 Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:09 am

These chapters were a good reminder to me. My favorite is Isaiah 2, 22 Stop trusting in man,who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?

sammy227

Back to top Go down

Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6 Empty Re: Day 6 - January 25, 2008 - Isaiah 1-6

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down